Gem & Jewelry Appraisals
Appraisals while you wait …
Types of Appraisals:
- Insurance Appraisals
- Liquidation Appraisals
- Estate or Charitable taxes Appraisal
An appraisal is a document that will describe an item by determining its identification, natural or synthetic, possible treatments, and assessing its quality and assigning a value. Proper description of the item, measurements and facts, such as cut, color, clarity, weight, materials used, and any markings. Appraisals will also describe features age or rarity of the piece and the overall quality of manufacture. Appraisers have to determine the fair market value of an item, to assist in estate planning, insurance replacement or liquidation value of item.
Should your gems or jewelry be over ensured, you pay too much, under insured will cost you extra if your piece is lost or stolen.
For insurance purposes, the appraisal will be written with a fair retail replacement value. If the item is lost or stolen, and have to be replaced with a similar item, from a jewelry store that regularly sells that type of item.
Your Insurance company will advice you on how often you need to update your appraisals.
The value for the second hand market will be determined
Estate or Charitable Appraisals
The fair market value will be determined.
a Professional Gems and Jewelry Appraiser
- has sophisticated gemological education and expertise to identify, gemstones, natural or synthetic, any treatments and valuations.
- are able to value, identify, natural or synthetic
- identify treatments, grade and precious metals,
- circa-date jewelry,
- determine manufacturing methods,
- research,write, and support valuations set forth in a report
- have the fundamental skills required.